Are you Stuck in a Style Rut?
Life is constantly changing and change is the only CONSTANT! Fashion changes every few weeks, our body shapes do so over the years, we put on or loose weight not to mention the pregnancies.
In the same way, our personalities can evolve and our lifestyle can take a major U turn for a whole lot of different reasons. When that happens, we need to make sure that we adapt to those changes and remain able to still project who we are in the way we dress.
For the majority of women, this permanent need to adapt can be overwhelming and that is when the dreaded “Style Rut” happens.
A Style Rut can happen at any age, and it is simply when you get stuck in one way of thinking or dressing, without adapting to the changes that have taken places in your life and around you. When that happens, instead of feeling depressed, see this as an opportunity to update and upgrade, embrace the opportunity to make some exciting changes!
There are commonly two types of Style Ruts:
- The Comfy Rut:
You are scared to try new styles or you are just too busy to think about trying something new. You just stick in your comfort “Style” zone and grab what you know works for you and saves you time. You find yourself wearing the same old over and over and guess what is your favorite color? Black of course! You keep buying the same clothes, you feel uninspired, bored and usually your wardrobe is filled with clothes but you have nothing to wear. Sounds familiar?
- The Memory Lane Rut
You feel like you have left your fashion sense behind. You are stuck (maybe emotionally) in a certain stage of your life. This happens a lot after having babies, our bodies change, we feel more of a woman but we are still dressing like in our 20’s.
Take this simple test and answer the following questions:
- Do you have good intentions of dressing up but when caught for time you end up wearing the same safe outfits again and again?
- Do you wear Jeans more than three times a week?
- Do you only buy classic colors such as black, grey and white?
- Are there clothes in your wardrobe that you have never worn, or do not even remember buying?
- Do you have only one or two handbags that you take with you everywhere?
- Do you wear trainers when you are not exercising?
- Is your wardrobe filled with “make-do” rather than “must-have” items?
- Are you left deflated. confused or even overwhelmed after a shopping trip?
- Does opening your wardrobe feels like taking a trip down memory lane?
- Do you often shy away from trying anything new or different or the latest trend in?
- Do you have two photos taken in different decades of yourself wearing the same outfit?
If you reply yes to most of these questions. It is time to be set FREE!! Get in touch and book your free Style Assessment session with us. We will help you explore, experiment, get creative and have fun with fashion!